Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Deep, dark secret

Have you ever kept a secret? You know that it probably is not a big deal to anyone else but it is to you? Is there something that you would never admit to? I'm not talking about something really serious or illegal. I am talking about stupid stuff like I am a closet romance book reader. A lot of women read romance novels and there is nothing wrong with it. Well, I am not a girly girl. I am one of those detached, distant Chinese women who must have been a Mongolian warrior in a past life. It kills me to admit to anyone that I read historical romance novels. It's just that sometimes I need to read something that I don't need to think about. I need to read just to read.

Most people do not know that I collect die cast pick-up trucks or optical lenses. There is just something about them that I love. I think I like pick-up trucks because I think I should be living in Texas where there are gun racks in each pick-up. The only problem is that I am allergic to animals! Go figure.

My last confession is about dolls. A lot of people I know already know that I hate dolls because they have always been creepy to me. The eyes are just sooooo very creepy. I used to take my action figures and use them to take apart Barbies. I still use dolls today in my art - but they are always disfigured and dismembered. I do love one type of doll though. I love the Cabbage Patch dolls. I have a couple of the big ones but I absolutely adore the newborns that were only out right after Thanksgiving. I have several of those. I normally hate cute but there is something about them. It might be because I have had two children of my own. They satisfy my need to hold a little one without actually having another one (which is not happening, thank you very much).

Okay, I have 'fessed up to my deep, dark little secrets. What about you?

No comments: