Sunday, March 12, 2006

Breaking all the rulez part of workshop





Here are some more pages from my book from that workshop. These are unfinished pages. This is mostly what I got done during the workshop. Did not have time to put on my 3D stuff yet. The funny thing about it is that there was someone sitting near me who was stressing about doing the stuff during the workshop. She did not like working in a different environment - wanted her stuff there. Then she got tired near the end. I got a little tired, too. This had been going on since 9:30 this morning. It was funny to me because I think that the unstructured part stressed her out. I thought that this was a little too structured for me. I usually create books from hard covers or board books. I usually do not use one single background even when it is painted. Everything was already there for me. I am so used to hunting for everything. I would not have half completed all those pages. I would have done all the backgrounds and then worked on a few pages at a time until they were all done to my liking. I would have spent forever finding images, cutting them out, doing placement, and then adding 3D elements to it. I just got a whole stash of skeleton keys that would work great with this. I think that best part of this book was the faux rulers and the hardware that kept it together. Love hardware!

Okay, end of review. Remember, it is only my opinion - what I thought. All the stuff shown here was done by me.

1 comment:

majamom said...

hI,
I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU SHARED ALL OF THIS. I HAVE A KIT OF TIM HOLT'S FROM LAST YEAR AND IT GOT STUFFED TO THE BACK OF MY CRAFT CUPBOARD,
I WILL HAVE TO PULL IT OUT AND MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH SOME QUESTIONS.
BEAUTIFUL WORK!
MB