Saturday, July 15, 2006

Leaving my Yahoo groups

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about things. I am cleaning out my art loft to get rid of things that I no longer need. I don't want to hold onto stuff because I might need it later. I want to be able to focus on what I really want to do artwise. I sold off a bunch of art supplies, zines, and books hoping to make enough money for some workshops I wanted to attend. Having kids sucked up all my disposable cash. Anyway, I look at something a few times and it is usually over for me. I had a lot of altered books from RRs that I no longer wanted. I kept a few that still mean a lot to me personally. The other ABs took up 3 shelves. I decided to give it away. I did not feel right about selling them since other people's artwork were in there. I just asked that if someone wanted it, then they could cover the postage on it. There were more than six altered books and the cost of postage is more than I wanted to pay. I thought it would be better if the altered books found a good home and someone who would appreciate them. Well, it became a discussion in the Art Explorations group and someone made specific comments about it. It is nobody else's business but my own. I do not understand why every little thing I do is such an interest for this person. Must be a very dull life for this person to fixate on me. So sad. That also means that someone in one of my current groups is forwarding messages to this person. That is also very sad because whoever is doing it is trying to poison a positive environment. I set up Art Techniques so that people would have a place to go so that they could discuss and share art on their own terms - not dictated by someone else. I want to be able to go to my yahoo groups to be with my friends and to share with them. I don't want someone spying on me and reporting my comments and activities to someone who obviously harbors animosity towards me.

I unsubbed from a lot of Yahoo groups in the last couple of days. I realized that I was being distracted. I am spending too much time on the computer reading messages that are not really relevant to me. I left groups where I lurked because I was not learning anything and was not participating. I no longer do swaps or RRs, so those types of groups went bye-bye, too. I did stay in groups where I lurk but am still learning or the messages are of interest to me. I need to focus on other things in my life right now. After much internal mental debate, I left Zettizoo. I was a moderator there and I still love the Zetti life. I was not involved anymore. I stopped doing their swaps. I did do some postcard swapping, but it got to be too much.

I am no longer a Yahoo group junkie.

No comments: