Friday, June 22, 2007

My upside-down spread


This is the last spread in my AB. This one is upside-down. I usually put one upside down spread in my book. Don't know why. Just like to. I was having lunch with my art friends this last Wednesday and I was telling them that this was hard for me to do. I have not done ABs for awhile now. I have not done an altered board book forever. Doing an AB is very different from doing a collage for me. The format is different. I don't use the same elements. Sometimes, you can't go back. That's the life of a technique junkie.
Now that I am done, it is your turn! I did this as an example for the altered board book swap for the Art Techniques group. It is a 1-for-1 board book swap. Sign-up by 7/1 and mail to partner by 9/15. Sign-up in the database. You can join the group via the link for Art Techiques - right column of my blog.
As soon as I find a few minutes, I will start doing AB 101 - some basic AB techniques such as tearing out pages, gluing them, pockets, tip-ins, etc...You can use a lot of the background techniques from the Art Techniques group in your AB. ATC background techniques work well, too. See Bernie Berlin's new book.
If you want to be updated on the ABs, then subscribe to my blog and you will automatically be updated via email.

No comments: