Friday, September 07, 2007

Great Learning Opportunity: Zentangles

You may or may not have heard of them. I had not until it came up in the A.R.T. group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtistsOfTheRoundTable/

You can see examples on this website: http://zentangle.com/index.php

There will be a mini class near the end of September. You can get a small kit for a reasonable price to try it out. That is what I am going to do. You can go to the A.R.T. group for more details. I don't want to spend the money for the full sized kit until I try and and find out whether I like it or not. I do think that a lot of my 6th graders would be interested in something like this. They sure do like to doodle - especially when they aren't supposed to be!

Just passing along the information. If you have done this, I would love to hear what you think about it. Please leave a message in the comment section.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hi! I love your blog and try to read it every week. This post about the Zentangle site really struck a chord with me. I've been "doodling" for about 8 months now - on everything I can get my hands on! I really enjoyed looking at this site and will return when I have a bit more time! Thanks for sharing it with us. If you'd like to see some of my doodles (which I just put on my blog this week!) go check out my blog at: http://www.art-frenzy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your inspiration. I was suffering fromm a dry spell and then I came across your blog. I have to say that reading about all the things you are doing made me feel like I was moving backwards. But, I have to say it made me get off my butt and start working. You can not imagine how your get up and go made me get up and do artwork. I am amzed about the amoutn of energy you have but, its inspiring. I started the Zentangle and I have to say that it is relaxing and their is a certain amoutn of freedom. I didn't get the kit but, I made due with a few symbols, mu own sakura en and some great drawing paper measured out to their 3 1/2 recommendations. With the kids and everythign I do, its nice that I can go sleep at night and say that I have actaully created somethign today. Since, you posted the Zentangle information I have made 20 little drawings they are like little jewels. I will be posting them to my blog soon so take alook. Thank you again for being you. Don't worry what people say about all that mailing stuff. They are just not really thinking about how complicated organzing all that can be. stay true to yourself you are an amazing artist. Don't ever forget that. my blog is http://www.lisettefloresnieves.blogspot.com