Sunday, December 16, 2007

Earrings and mah jong tile jewelry

The copper earrings were done with a kit I found at WalMart. I found an earring kit for about $5. It had the copper wire backing, straight pin, and the jump rings. I bought it since I don't have copper earring wires. I know I can do it myself but I thought I would try it. I had some extra copper sheet laying around that had a transfer on it. I cut it so that one end was wider than the other. I used a pair of round nose pliers to wrap into the cone-like shape you see. I had some extra hearts from old charm bracelets. I just put it together and instant earrings. I got a lot of compliments when I wore it. Even some of my 6th grade girls commented.

The black and white tiles are samples I made for Dremel. The black metal sheet is from ten seconds studio. http://tensecondsstudio.com/Products/metal.html You will find it at the bottom left of the page. I just used some molds and pencil stump to create the patterns. You can see the molds here: http://tensecondsstudio.com/Products/bigmamamolds.html I then took some sand paper and lightly sanded the top so the silver would come through - took the black paint off. I put adhesive - double sided tape on the mah jong tile and laid it on the back side of the dry embossed metal sheet. I cut about 1/8" from the edge, mitered the corners, and used a bone folder to flatten down the edges.

The travel mah jong tiles are from skybluepink.com. Her link is in my right column. She also has some really fun bingo circles that are great as charms. I just bought that and some mini dominoes for making stuff from Dremel. The tiles and bingo circles are very easy to drill through using a Dremel.

No comments: