Tuesday, January 01, 2008

friggin' gorgeous paper!

This isn't crap!! Sorry, couldn't help myself. Anyway, I had some excess color wash left over and did not want to waste it. I took a piece of brown paper. Not the heavy kind like you get at the grocery store. It is the thinner brown paper that you get as packing. I save that stuff with my tissue paper. It is great stuff to color. I crumpled it and put it on top of the excess color wash on my heat resist pad. I let the colors soak up. I then crumpled it again and let it soak up color in bare spots.


I then took some blue and gold Radiant Rain and sprayed it all over the surface. I crumpled again and uncrumpled. Let dry completely.


I might use a stamp pad on the wrinkles. Have not decided yet. It is gorgeous in real life. I might not use it for awhile until I find the perfect use for it. Have you ever created a background so wonderous that you hate to cover it up? The focal point would just detract from the background? Yes, I have had a few of those.


If you want to see more detail, then just click on the pict for a larger view. Comments welcome.

2 comments:

Esmeralda said...

This is awesome! It has that patina look to it! Very cool!

This 'n That said...

As usual..........I am tempted to call off sick and play thanks to you! I have some brown paper tape that is thin (not sticky tape, this is used in a gun with masking tape by professional painters) that I have been saving forever. I believe it's time has come! Great art by-product, Belinda! I love the dyed cardstock with the writing emboss resist thingy. I will kill two birds with one stone and hope mine looks somewhat as cool as yours. If not, I'll just tear it up and use it in my paper fabric - whish me luck!

Judi Foster