Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Artist's Statement

Artist's Statement


I am a mixed media artist concentrating mostly on assemblage, collage, and fabric art. My passions are found objects, metals, paper, fabric, and acrylic paints. I began with stamping and creating domino art. I then veered into altered books and beeswax art. After that, I began to do more collage pieces, small sculptures, and shrines.


My art journey started just a mere five years ago. It has been a journey full of twists, turns, and detours while exploring what I really want to do with my creative self. I strive to create art that speaks to me. I hope that it will speak to others as well. During my art journey, I hope to encourage others to follow their creative inner voice and to create what speaks to them. One of my primary goals as an artist is to bring art to others who have limited or no access.



I am a 5th/6th grade teacher and a mom with a wonderful husband. I own/moderate several Yahoo art related groups. I currently teach techniques and art-related skills in several Yahoo groups, in local workshops, and demonstrate techniques for local art groups. Even though I will always teach and share my art, it will not be my only focus. I also sell and exhibit my art at local art galleries. Selling and exhibiting is something I do for myself that helps to focus my different energies and to challenge my limits.

No comments: