Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mixed Media Journal Page


This is my sample for the Mixed Media Art Group swap. We are swapping mixed media journal pages. You have to have fabric, paper, paint, and metal on each page. Background is paper. The harlequin diamonds are paper. The paint is on a few on the diamonds. The heart in back is paper. The heart in front is metal foil with some paint on there. The background behind the diamonds is dyed muslin. The eyelets are metal with scraps of fabric through them. I used my sewing machine and sewed the fabric part to the paper. There is also a top layer of tulle. I wanted to soften the look at bit.
Okay. Done and done. Comments welcome.

2 comments:

Arlene Mobley said...

Belinda this turned out great. I'm trying to figure out what to use as my metal element right now.

Cathy said...

Wonderful page! You got it all in there and it looks great together.