I just finished the green quilt squares for my color quiltie RR. It is the only RR I am doing this year. I have not been in an RR for awhile now. The color for this month is green. It our first month. I had a little trouble with the Big Bite crop-a-dile. I will need to write them about it. It smashed some of the eyelet heads or the backs did not flower very well. I had to throw out a lot of smashed eyelets.
One will go to my RR partner for this month. I will keep one for my own quilt. I have not decided if I will make one big quilt or two different ones - one with RR squares and the other one the ones I did myself.
I am quite happy with the results. I did not do any binding except a zig zag stitch so that the person binding the squares together could bind at the end. I thought it might look odd if I did the binding and it was a middle square. No matter really. I did not specify binding. Some people might do it. No big.
One thing I have started doing is ironing on some heat bond to adhere my sandwich layers together before doing any sewing. That has really minimized movement and has saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
Comments welcome. Click on the picts for a larger view. Don't tell me about the loose threads, I know they are there. I will trim them later on.