Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Book Review: Felt

I have not done a book review of my art books for quite awhile now. So much going on. It is hard for me to sit down and do them when I have so much going on.

One book that I have had for awhile is Felt by Robyn Steel-Strickland. It is not really about art. It is more about textiles. It is about wet felting. I really enjoy felting - needle and wet. I like picking apart different fibers and then putting them together again in different ways. I love the look of nuno felt. What I have wet felted becomes a great foundation for stuff on my felting machine.

I have a tendency to like books which are technique oriented rather than just show me what the final product is. I like to know how to do things so I can do a variation of it myself. This book shows me how to do different things with wet felting. This is a fun little book that shows me what I can do with felting.

No comments: