Thursday, September 04, 2008

Book Review: Plexi Class by Tonia Davenport

One of the dangers of blog surfing is that you never know where you will end up. I will start somewhere, click, link, link, click, and end up in some unknown place. That is how I ended up on someone's blog who mentioned plexiglas jewelry. Thus, I happened upon Plexi Class. I eventually saw it at Borders, too. I have done things with acrylic but did not "see" the kinds of things that are in this book. As many of you may know, I like to put together jewelry. I just like to "assemble". At times, I like to take things apart as much as doing the assembling. What I like about this book is the amount of ideas that come to mind when I flip through this book. I can see how I can incorporate plexiglas pieces into the pieces I already make. The book itself is okay. If you are an intermediate or very experienced art jewelry person, then this book is not for you. The techniques are kind of basic to me. She shows much better examples on her blog. I do like that I can use my Dremel to work with the plexiglas. I am in a charm necklace swap. Might need to experiment with plexiglas charms for the swap. Like I need a reason to play!

No comments: