Monday, September 08, 2008

Getting Older

What is wrong with getting older? I keep seeing commercials for creams and stuff to reduce wrinkles and to look younger. That is all I heard when I was at the Mary Kay home party. I am not happy about my body shifting in the wrong direction or saggy boobs from breast feeding two kids. I figure I'm entitled because I gave birth to two large football sized kids. Would I be happier if I got lipo-sucked or if I had a boob job? I don't plan on doing either. I am what I am. I don't look like I am 22 any more. I am happier in my skin more than I ever have been. I am happy with myself and where I am as an artist. Why do I need to spend a fortune on creams and make-up so I can look younger. Why? Men don't do it (well, most don't, yet). They don't do make-up and they can walk around with no hair. Okay, so it shifts from their heads to other parts of their bodies. Is it so bad that I actually look 44 instead of 34?


What I really want to do is dye my jet black hair white-white-white. The only problem with that is that my hair grows very quickly and I would need it touched up all the time so I wouldn't have black roots and then nasty black hair with white ends. Can't afford that. I guess I will just have to wait until all of my hair goes gray.

2 comments:

EccentricPastiche said...

What an incredibly healthy outlook on the inevitability of growing older! I wish others could approach this way of looking at themselves, that they would read your words and take them to heart rather than worrying so much about defying the laws of nature. Your words are very inspiring, Thank you. ~Anne

Zeborah Loray said...

Actually...um...
I think it would look great growing out.
Sort of a porcupine quills look. Their quills have that black going to white thing happening. :)