Monday, October 06, 2008

Book Review: Felt Inlays

Felt Inlays by Nancy Hoerner


This is a very fun book if you are into wet felting or like to try it. The method used is very easy to do. I liked how she incorporated different materials and kinds of roving into the book. I will have to give this a try and then incorporate the felted pieces onto something else with my felting machine. I am not into making purses or napkin rings. The bracelets/cuffs are interesting. The beading is pretty cool. I do love the pictures. They are very crisp and large. I like the prefelt and the pencil roving. There is a section on silk and on scrim. I so need to make the snakes that are in the book. They are like the things I see in polymer clay - where the outside is a different color from the inside. This book is a keeper and something I need to try as soon as I get a little free time. Yeah, wishful thinking.

No comments: