Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've been tagged...

These are always fun. It is always nice to be recognized. Sorry, Tracy, it took me a bit to do this. Busy with school and life in general. Tracy Borders tagged me. This is what I am supposed to do:
The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.



6 random things about me:
1. I am prone to serious sinus infections (have one right now) which gives me killer headaches. It stops me from doing most things but watching TV and sitting at my sewing machine. They both don't require that I move much.
2. I have a tendency to collect odd things. I will want something desperately and then it will be over shortly. I have learned to curb that impulse somewhat and that has really opened up a lot of space in my loft - which is my art space.
3. I like to play electronic games. I play on my computer and like to play on my iPhone. It is a great stress reliever for me. It calms me down so I can go on to the next thing.
4. I am first generation born Chinese American. I have short, choppy black hair with red highlights. I am almost blind without my contacts or glasses. I am 44 years old. I am 5'6", 125 lbs. Married with two kids.
5. I hate to dress up and to wear shoes/socks. I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I would rather be barefoot or wear flipflops than shoes/socks.
6. I get cold really easily.



6 art things (added just because I feel like it):
1. I have never tried working with oils unless you count Shiva paintstiks. Not even sure that is oil.
2. I love working with any type of metal or texture.
3. I don't like artwork that is too busy. I am big on composition.
4. My idea of collage composition fell apart once I discovered working with fabric. Even though I can do most anything with fabric that I do on paper, the whole look and feel is different. Things are not so definite in my mind any more.
5. I have both a regular sewing machine and felting machine. I still want a sewing machine with more stitches.
6. I still don't like the color pink. I do use more colors now than I used to. My artwork is more contrasting now than before.


6 artists that I am tagging:
1. Anne Bulles dorees - hope I spelled that correctly. I love her backgrounds. She is very passionate about her art. I do need a language translator though.
2. Elizabeth Dawson - I love what she does with fabric. She has a great eye for composition.
3. Elizabeth Golden - She has a lot of fun with her art. Love her use of colors.
4. Sandy - She is a great artist and a great friend. I read her blog all the time to keep up with her ever busy life.
5. Harriet - She is also a great artist and a great friend. She does wonderful things with little, little beads that would drive me nuts. She has the same kind of enthusiasm and abandon when it comes to creating that I have.
6. ladycherie - This chica is different. You never know what will pop up on her blog.

3 comments:

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

thank you very much !! I read your blog, and I love your artwork !!
P.S. : there is a translator on my blog, near the fish ;)

Elizabeth Golden said...

Thanks for tagging me and the nice stuff said about me. You can see my response on my blog!

Sandy said...

Hi Belinda, thanks for the tag. I will get to work on it this week.