Sunday, May 09, 2010

Create Art Retreat is coming to town!

For those of you who can get here in August, it is being hosted in my neighborhood, Rosemont, Illinois. I will be teaching two workshops.

Here are all the details of the retreat:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=8df45474-292a-464b-9544-df5919cbc630

I will be teaching these two workshops:

Thursday: No Stitch Artist Trading Cards - Sewing will be about the only thing you won’t be doing in this over-the-top 3 hour workshop. We will explore different mediums, textures, ATC backs (including metal and chipboard), layer papers, images, and acrylic paints to create extraordinary mini collages that you may not want to trade! You’ll definitely want to make more than one of the matchbook ATCs, so that you can have one to keep and one to trade. Finish off your original work with a layer of beeswax or add a few bits of metal to give it just the right touch.

Sunday: Colorful Canvas Collage - As seen in the Workshop feature of Cloth Paper Scissors plus MORE! You will create a mixed media collage as shown in the sample(s) using a wood back with muslin as your foundation. This mixed materials workshop will enable you to explore some of the ways you can use Claudine Hellmuth’s sticky back canvas and Tim Holtz’s new grunge paper. You'll also learn how to create vibrant colors on several different surfaces using the versatile Smooch inks and Smooch Spritz. Learn how contrast, texture, and a bit of “puff” can really bring out your focal image.

Complete listing of workshops are here:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Custom.aspx?cid=17&e=8df45474-292a-464b-9544-df5919cbc630#Thursday

Hope that I will see you there.
Belinda

4 comments:

Jane Davies said...

This sounds like a fabulous retreat! I haven't heard of it before. Is this a first? Or has it been going on annually? What an exciting venue for teaching!
Jane

Carpet Rug Cleaners said...

That sounds really exciting. I wish I could come to one of your workshops. Have fun and good luck!

Renee Troy said...

Good luck Belinda. If I lived in your area I'd be taking your classes.
Have fun!

Johwey Redington said...

Oh wow. Didn't know you live in Rosemont. I joined the mixed media yahoo group. I'm considering attending the Create Art Retreat - just petrified with the fact that I won't know anybody :D