Sunday, July 17, 2005


Hey all. I am doing some exploring this weekend while waiting for the last of the watercolor collage fat book pages to come in before binding. I also needed to make some art to include in my goodies bags for the teachers of the month in the art explorations group. I spent a large part of yesterday afternoon playing with UTEE and my melting pot. I was inspired by the Suze Weinberg class I took on Thursday night. I mixed and swirled a variety of UTEE colors in my melting pot. I did some faux soldering with memory glass. I did a lot of putting the stamp in the UTEE and letting it harden. LOVED THAT! That was my favorite thing to do. I used pigment ink on the stamp before I put the stamp into the UTEE. The results were fabulous. I took some of the images with interesting patterns and cut those up into smaller pieces for collage and to put them on my memory glass pieces. I used the excess and make little faces using the rubber molds. I did have to refill my melting pot with UTEE a few times, but it melted quickly and I did other things while waiting for it. the hardest thing was to not stir until all the UTEE melted.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the UTEE, and have thought about working with it to make "things" to sew onto quilts. Is it difficult to work with? Can I learn the technique from a book (I think Suze has a book)?