Saturday, September 10, 2005

Life update

A lot has happened lately. School started at the end of August. Things have been hectic since then. Not much art done. Too tired and too stressed. I am kind of lonely this year. Two of my teacher friends retired. I am on a different lunch than my friends. The other two teacher in my grade level do not talk to me. I normally do not crave social interaction, I am not that way. It is that I just got used to the camaraderie of the past two years. I had always worked mostly with men as an industrial buyer. I now work mostly with women. It is a big change for me. I still love teaching but the day is not as fun as it has been. I will just have to suck it up and hope the next year will be different.

My little sister moved to Iowa. I was very sad to hear this when she told me. She is my kids' favorite aunt and the person who I share things with. I am a very private person. Pretty introverted. I guess that is the Chinese in me. I am happy for her but sad for myself.

I just finished creating my first zine. It was a lot of work. It is still far from done. Once edited. I still need to get it copied, put together, and put the goodies in there ready for shipping. It was not what I expected. I am very satisfied with what I have done though. You will be able to read more about it in an upcoming issue of Cindy Irish's Art Echoes Technique Zine. This zine is for the Gleaner Zine swap. I am hosting a small zine swap in Zettizoo.

Also, I am finally published in a big, glossy magazine! I have not seen it yet. It has my art in there. I did not write the article. Thanks so Linda who asked me! It is in the latest issue of Altered Arts.

I am getting sinus surgery done next week. I have bones that are blocking my sinus cavities from draining. I got a lot of sinus infections and headaches last year. I am kinda apprehensive about it.

Finally, I am now a professional artist. I sold a piece of art that I was wearing to someone at the local mall. It was one of my faux optical lens necklaces. I am very excited about it. Things happen when you least expect it.

No comments: