Friday, December 09, 2005


Okay, I cheated and deviated from Sharie's method of doing the Japanese stab binding. What I did was cut a strip of 3/4" wide by 4" long strip (cover) and a 3/4" wide by 3 3/4" long strip (signature pages). I positioned the smaller one on top of the longer one eyeballing the difference in length on the top and bottom. There is a little space at the top and bottom because the signature pages are a little shorter. I marked the two strips together at 1/2", 1 1/2", 2 1/2" and 3 1/2". I also marked it in the middle of the width at 6 little notches on my ruler (half of 3/4"). I then used a small hole punch which is 1/16" or 1/32" (can't remember which) to punch 4 holes as seen in the picture. I then used this as a template to punch holes into the covers and signature pages. When you line up the covers and signature pages, they should match up. Once I put my needle through the first hole, I did not have any problems doing the subsequent holes.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: