Sunday, December 04, 2005

Yesterday was another busy day

Yesterday (Saturday) was my son's 7th birthday party. We had it at a bowling alley. The kids had a lot of fun. There were about 18 kids there. It was an effort just to keep track of all of them and make sure they knew it was their turn to bowl. It was still a lot of work for me with the cake getting, shoe getting, and keeping things going. I could imagine what my house would have looked like with all those boys (and two young girls) at my house. Shudder the thought. I am totally exhausted but am up wrapping his birthday presents up for his real birthday today. I am also finishing up my fat book pages for the Zettizoo house fat book. You can stop now and go on to another section of my blog if you do not want to read me venting about something. I keep thinking about something that really should not bother me but it does. I started up a local AB group last year. Recently, I turned over ownership to another member because my life got incredibly busy and I had started to do other things. I was still a moderator. Well, when the group first began, there was a problem within the group that almost made me decide to terminate the group. I finally decided not to but took steps to resolve the problem - in my mind. Well, the new owner just reversed what I did. I found out after the fact. It really irked me because I thought we were friends. It would have been nice to have been told about it beforehand as a courtesy. I mean, the new owner can do whatever she wants since she is owner. It was her decision to make. I no longer own the group and try not to act like I do. As a result, I just changed my status in the group and just left it. I did it quickly and quietly. No one will miss me, they are very self sufficient as a group. A part of me will miss going to the meetings and being part of it. It was nice to interact with other artists and crafters. At the same time, I did not want to go through what I did last year. I did not think it was in the best interest of the group and the other members. I still do not think it is. What does my opinion matter anyway? Apparently, not much. I guess I valued our friendship more than the other person did. Yes, I am irked.

No comments: