Monday, February 20, 2006

Catching up

I attended the artists' reception at Artful Gatherings a couple of weekends ago. It was my second time at one but my first time attending as a participating artist. It was very interesting to see what other artists are doing. I have to say that my stuff was pretty different from the rest. I am very happy for an art friend - both her pieces sold before the reception. I was ecstatic to win 3rd place my first time out. I don't know how often I will do this since it is kinda time consuming for me. I think that I will try to do it at least a couple times a year. Things have been really busy with me lately. I am running drug-free month at school. It is a month full of activities and contests. It is really keeping me busy. I finished off a couple of fat book swaps and am trying to write something for a zine. I also have to do some carry-out ATCs as inclusions for another zine. I have been sidelined again with a cold - probably strep throat, too. One of my kids at school had it, so naturally, I get it. I have also been busy cleaning out stuff to give away, sell, or to trade. I have only been having a few spurts of creativity. We had a very cold spell for a couple of days here and now my car won't start. I do need to start on my next mini zine - which will be about things that sideline me from creating art that I really want to do. I think that I could write volumes about that one subject.

No comments: