Monday, April 10, 2006

Recognition Self


I got this idea while sitting down and waiting of my allergist. I wrote down all the things I learned about Jonathan Talbot during the 2 day workshop. I wrote down what he told us and things that we did. I was amazed at how much information I had actually retained. I thought that I would send him some mail art in response to what he told us about himself. I thought this would be a really fun project for me because I love doing mail art. I found out that he did, too.

Sometime during the second day, he told us a story about how he started getting depressed on the road. It was about how he worried that he would not be a world renowned artist while still alive. So, he polled some people to name some famous living artist. We all laughed when people named Thomas Kinkade. So, when I saw this piet, I thought instantly of him.

No comments: