Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My severely cute patchwork purse


It showed up yesterday. It is so adorable. I am usually not an "adorable" type of person. I am certainly loving it. I just wanted to scan it and show it to all of you before I stuff it with all my junk. Celia made this especially for me. I chose the fabric and what kind of jean purse I wanted - patchwork or with just trim.


You can click on the pict for a larger view. If you want to order one for yourself, I put one of her cards in the second pict. Click on it and you should be able to read it. She gives you a choice of purses, fabric, and trim.


The inside is lined with the orange/pumpkin fabric that you see on parts of the outside of the purse. The inside has two pockets - one on each side. It is actually a very functional purse with the pockets on the outside. There is even a belt loop on the side that I can use for hanging things like my keys or some charms.


Yes, this is something that I cannot do myself. I don't sew well enough. It is one thing to randomly sew borders and stuff for an art piece. It is an entirely different thing to sew something functional. When my dh said that I could make clothes for the kids when I got the sewing machine, I just laughed and shook my head.

Comments welcome.

No comments: