Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Is there something you really want to do?

Is there something that you really want to do in your life? It does not have to be art related. Is there something that keeps getting under your skin? Does it keep popping up again and again in your head? What is stopping you from doing it?


What keeps you from doing it? Is it ability or talent? Is it money? Is it fear?


I have been wanting to write a book for awhile now. It keeps coming back and giving me a shove between the shoulder blades. It should be an easy thing for me. I do know that it is not easy to be published. Yeah, I know that I can self publish. I am just venting since it gave me another hard shove today.

3 comments:

Eclectic Works said...

Writing a book sounds Great. Would it be an art related book?
I have always wanted to write a childrens book and illustrate it.
Esmeralda

Spike said...

Mmmmm . . . so what's keeping you from doing it?? It seems to me that you have two separate goals here--to write the book, and to publish the book.

You can't achieve the second without doing the first. And even if you do not wind up publishing (or self-publishing) your work, you still had the experience of putting your ideas on paper and having a concrete thing in your hands when all is said and done.

Just like art. We have something shoving at us to be expressed. So what if we never make our living doing this?

If something is shoving at your back, maybe you should turn and grab it by the collar.

Spike

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'd like to be able to 'work outside the box' and become truly artistic and I know full well what's stopping me....fear. Fear that I can't do it...fear that noone will like it...fear that I will be wasting my time. I know I procrastinate too, but I'm sure that's partly the fear coming out.