Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spread on my AB -acrylic layering


You can click on the pict for a larger view. This is my first part of my layering. I will add more colors today since I know what it looks like dry. I started out with a piece of aluminum foil, crumbled it and then glued it to the pages of the book. It is also in the niche. I used some old molding paste that I already had with some blue color in there. I randomly applied it with my fingers to the foil - accentuating the peaks and ridges in the foil. The molding paste layer was not thick. Waited for that to dry. I combined some black, purple, transparent oxide red, and somethng else. I added in some water. I brushed that one and sprayed some gold Radiant Rain on there. Does it not look like an old, decrepit house? It would make a great deMeng shrine! I might add a little color contrast like bits of red and green.
Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Amber said...

@coinet.comThis is just incredible!!!Wow, it really looks aged and old :0)
Love it in so many ways!!!!
:0)Amber

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just took a peek at your "layering" on the book and I have to tell you.... I LOVE IT!
I have super intense allergies to dirt, dust, etc.... I get itchy and break out in hives, just looking at this book made me want to scratch... it looooooks soooooooooooo old....
Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing......

Anonymous said...

This does look like an old house. Great start to your book. I like all the texture and depth in the colors.