Monday, July 16, 2007

Source for Liquitex Pouring Medium

I looked at several online sites for this product. Dick Blick did not carry it in their Wheaton Store. I also looked at Dick Blick online. I basically Googled Liquitex Pouring Medium and looked at several sites from there. This was the best deal that I could find - aswexpress.com. Put in the search Liquitex pouring medium and you will find it. It comes in 3 sizes. You might also want to get some Liquitex soft body acrylics at the same time if you want to try the pouring/marbling thing. On the homepage of ASW Express is an instant coupon for $10 off $40 purchase. It basically pays for your shipping. What is so fun about this pouring medium is that you can put colors on a canvas, leave open areas, and fill the open areas with different colors. They move but they don't combine with each other to get muddy. You can use a toothpick and marble the colored medium. Use a squeeze bottle with 1 part soft body acrylic and 1 part pour medium. Shake well. It is supposed to dry without bubbles. I am going to try it today. I will post my results. Think of what you can do with this! The ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I used this medium today with 2 colours 2 create the marble effect. The end product looks amazing but there is a coated glare over the top and it realy spoils the peice. It looks like the peice has been coated with 10 layers of gloss varnish.

All i wanted was the 2 colours to settle onto the canvas, like a normal painting. But the glare has really spoilt it.

Do you have any tips?

My e-mail is minimalmagic@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks for all your time, it is really appreciated.

Anonymous said...

these comments are very helpful! i'm going to try this product for the first time today. thanks!