Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More on my soldering craze


I went rooting around to see what else I could solder besides resistors and charms. I remembered that I had some sea glass. I used the wider copper tape for this. Next, I will have to create an assemblage using soldering - anything metal should be scared! I used a gold paint pen on the solder. I wiped immediately so that only some of it stuck. I did the little swirlies instead of using a jump ring so that I could hang it. Easier to hold so I can solder.
You will be happy to know that I put the soldering stuff away. I cleaned up last night in preparation for Art Unraveled. I hate coming home to a mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

superbes "charms ! J'adore !

Anonymous said...

The sea glass was a great idea--i stamp mine and use for charms--now I'll be stamping and soldering! Another fun thing to solder is buttons. Try it, you'll be hooked.

I ordered the Simply Swank DVD on soldering. I am going totry it again, but I think my problem is the soldering iron. A newer, better one may be the ticket.