Thursday, September 13, 2007

Life in the way again

Life has gotten in the way of art again. I have not done any art in over a week. I just had Open House at school last night and I am still tired from that. I have been busy with the first weeks of school. I am still yucky from bronchitis and a sinus infection. It is part of the joy of being an asthmatic. I sometimes think it is worse to be on the antibiotics than being sick in the first place.


I have been very disheartened lately. I have had no artistic motivation because I am so busy with school and family. I am also very upset by problems with one of my swaps. I cannot control the post office. I do things that I think is best and to the best of my ability. I put so much into my groups. I feel very unappreciated and upset that people think that I am lying. I was going to drop all the Yahoo groups I owned but was told by my good friends that I was being hasty. The end result is that I will continue to co-own Art Techniques and I will drop all the other groups I own. I have already found owners for most of them.


I have been telling myself that I would slow down for awhile now so I could concentrate on MY art and my family. I am committed to doing it especially in light of all the ATC drama. I am not easily discouraged but I am dragging right now. Maybe, I was aspiring to do too much - as usual. I am going to take a few steps back and take a breather for awhile. I push myself in almost all aspects of my life. I recently realized that I was doing that with art as well. I think that I need to just go back to playing and enjoying my art rather than trying to do more with it.

I would like to thank all my art friends who have supported me through this lower point in life. Your support means more to me than you realize. It is wonderful to have such friends - some who I have never even met in real life.

I have to remember to create what speaks to me. Okay, enough dribble. Need to feed my kids.

4 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Belinda - so sorry about all the ATC drama. You have to wonder if any of those people that are complaining have ever hosted a swap? I haven't so I just sit back, I can only imagine how much work it is, especially the 60 atc swap! Hang in there and take the time you need for yourself. You are an awesome artist and teacher and I just want to say thanks! Marva

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are a super artist, Belinda. We all have points in our lives where we reach low points. We, as artists, all have slumps times when we can't create. But that doesn't mean we're not taking in the surroundings. One day you will wake and be inspired by something, maybe a dream, a thought, or something someone says. Then you'll be "on your game" again.

As for drama in your life, take it as a compliment. If you did NOTHING in your life, no one would notice.

Elizabeth
hfsolutions@juno.com

CarolK said...

Belinda, i just wanted to tell you how much I appreceiate all theat you do. Take some time for yourself and all the negative garbage will fade away. Remember it isn't your stuff it is the ones who are complaining. You know what you do and who you are and your integrity, your truth. I am always amazed at all the things you take on having been a full time teacher with small children. I know how big that commitment is let alone all of the art making and mentoring you do. I'm overwhelmed readding the emails at times!!! I know that I am not alone in sending you love and peaceful thoughts.
CarolK.

Nona said...

Belinda, you have been simply super throughout the whole ordeal. I only hope I can be as calm and even-handed as you in the face of grumbling bullies. Some people don't have enough activity in their lives and need to create drama to feel alive.

It was never about you, so don't sweat it! You're amazing!

Cheers, Nona