Thursday, September 13, 2007

UB Funkeys


This post is for grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, etc... of tweenies. My son is 8 years old and told me he wanted UB Funkeys. I had not heard of it until last week. Luckily, a friend was able to buy them for me at a discount.

http://www.ubfunkeys.com/ It is very similar to Neopets online - to me. The premise is that you buy a starter kit $19-22 approximately. There is a hub that looks like a cute alien that you plug into your USB port in your computer. You load in the program from a disc and then you can play. There are a bunch of little "keys" that are actually little alien creatures that you stick on the hub. They all contain different games and stuff. My son loves it!


Suggestion: Pick up as many of the little funkeys as possible when you pick up the starter kit. Look at your local Walmart and Target for it in the toy dept. before paying more for it online. My son is a Pokemon junkie. If you think someone would like this, then snag it NOW for Christmas. I don't think that you will be able to find them soon. They are at a lot of discount chain stores.
Just from one mom to another - you know how hard it is to find certain things for Xmas. BTW, I cannot believe that Target has Christmas stuff out already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came to find the soldering posts but am now interested in these things...Hmmn...looks like I need to check this out! Thanks for the heads up!