Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Alphabet Sampler


Here is my version of a vintage, distress alphabet sampler. I am working on the background now. You can click on the link for a larger view. Chipboard is 1.5". I used a fluid acrylic background. Stamped on it with black StazOn. Then, I randomly used an embossing stamp pad and some embossing powder on it. I first tried embossing the alphabet on the squares but you could not see some of them very well. I went out to the local craft store and used my 50% off coupons and bought some letters. The white circle ones are brads. Yes, the crop-a-dile is a "handy-dandy" item. Looking at them now, I will need to edge them with some paint or stamp pad so they will look a little more distressed.
One to the background! Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Altered Route said...

Way Cool..love all the processes. Do agree that they need a dark edge! Connie

ScaryCheri said...

oh wow Belinda. I love this. Those metalic looking letters are awesome and I love how you tore the corky letters. Well done. Hugz, Scary

Judy said...

Belinda.. love your work... I can't wait to get my "techniques" book from you.
Judy

purplepaint said...

Belinda - these turned out really cool! Love all the layers. Marva

alienari said...

Neat and inspiring!