Sunday, December 16, 2007

My big journal




These were taken with my digital camera. I don't think they ever come out as good as when I use my scanner. I wanted you to see the whole spread though.

I have had this 11x15.5" handmade journal forever. Never knew what I would do with it. Just bought it because I liked it and it was on sale. One day recently, I just started doing stuff in it.

The top page is using the grungeboard, emulsion paint, and crackle paint. The second page is just fluid acrylics with a little heavy body using a brayer. The third page is just some acrylic paint with crackle paint on top. The figure was painted black and then I sandpapered the area. I left her arms and hair as-is.

The last page is using the emulsion paints. It is that grungy technique I like so much - the variation of the one seen in Somerset workshop. The insects are from some picts I had. I used gouache paints on there that I got from outsidethemargins.com. The colors are so brilliant - love it. I did not want the gouache to be scraped off from the texture so I put a layer of overhead film on there. It is called something else but I can't think of it off the top of my sick head. Transparency!!

Click on the pict for a larger and more detailed view. I will update as I add more pages.

3 comments:

Marrianna said...

The journal looks great. I wanted to know if the writing was a rubber stamp or did you write on the pages before adding paint, etc.
Great work as usual. MD

Anonymous said...

Belinda, I LOVE your jounal. You are such an inspiration! I am trying to get myself up for making a journal or altered book as I like them so much.
Thanks so much for all your giving!
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Warm regards,
Bobbie
www.bobbieshatsoff.com

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I love your journal -- it looks great! Where did you get the emulsion paint at? What brand did you use? We want details!!!