Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heart journal with binding done


I binded (bound) my copy last night. I always experiment on my copy until I get it the way I like it. It is a simple binding with eyelets and strips of fabric.


I made a cardstock template. I did 1/2" in from the edges and 1" intervals in the middle. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes and to set the 3/16th eyelets. I used strips of fabric and fiber to go across a row of eyelets and all the pages. I did not knot them until the end. I opened up the journal and made sure I could easily open the journal up to various pages without the pages being too tightly or loosely bound. I then knotted the fabric strips and trimmed them.
I cannot post the all the pages of the journal here since it is not all my artwork. If you are a member of Mixed Media Art, then you can see it in the photo section under heart journal swap. If you want to join, then the link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/
This has really been one of the best swaps that I have ever hosted. The pages turned out great. Everyone had such a different interpretation and different color palette. There is a similar swap right now that is still open until 1/31. It is the Mixed Media journal page swap. 4x6" - you need to have metal, fabric, and paper somewhere on each page. Theme is up to you. It is a 6 for 5 swap since one journal will be submitted to Cloth Paper Scissors. You will get 5 different pages back. Complete details in Mixed Media Art.

No comments: