Saturday, March 15, 2008

The roof on my house



I am so loving this house. I especially love the roof. Don't you just love it when something comes out better than you had hoped it would? This is my little birdhouse roof. If you want to see the rest of it, it is about a couple of posts down. I took some masking tape and randomly put it on the roof. Brayer it so that the tape will not lift off. Coat of silver lumiere, dry, and then another coat. Sand with coarse sand paper. Use Distress pad in frayed burlap and DTR (direct to roof with the distress pad). Rub pad on roof in circular motion. Use a sponge or other applicator to get into the rough spots and crevices. The decorative sheet metal was a RAK from someone. Scrap can be a wonderful thing. You can also use the green and/or walnut stain on the roof. Depends on what look you want.

No comments: