Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mixed Media Art Yahoo Group is lost forever

It appears that I cannot get it back. I did not *bleep" it. I lost all the groups I owned. It has happened before. Ugh! Judy Matheny and I have moved to Mixed-Media Art Friends. Come and park yourself over there. Tell everyone you know that we are here now:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mmartfriends/

The following swaps are going on in that group:

9 patch quiltie swap - We are swapping 1/5" chipboard squares (stamped and decorated). We will make our own quiltie using the swapped 9 squares. You will see a sample below. Just scroll down a few messages. Sign-ups until 5/15, Mail by 6/6, 10 for 9. You can make any quiltie however you want.

Metal 2x2 booklet swap - 10 for 10, 2x2: metal squares. Metal background and metal focal point. I will swap out, punch hole, and put eyelet in for binding ring. You do the binding when you get it back so I can ship flat. Think old signs, found objects, washers, nuts, precious scrap. Lots of possiblities to go out of your box here.

Fabric 2x2 booklet swap - 10 for 10, 2x2 square, 3 layers (front, middle Pellon or batting, and back), some sort of embellishment or fibers on front. I will do covers, punch hole, and put in eyelet. Same sort of thing as the Metal 2x2

Booklet sign-ups till end of May. Mailing date staggered for people who want to do both. Join MM Art Friends and play with us!

No comments: