Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Frames for Dremel






Here are my samples that I made up for Dremel on Monday. I brought them up with me when I went to see them in Racine, WI. I went up there to show the Dremel ladies how I did my frame so they would know what we needed to do while at CHA. I like these frames a lot more than my original samples. We did a mini workshop while I was there.
They are a lot more scrapbook-y than my usual stuff. I had to think of something that would make a good make 'n take. I wanted to use stuff that people might carry in their store. I also had to consider my audience. There are a lot of scrapbook type retailers at CHA. Of course, any mixed media artists that did the make 'n take could change it to what they wanted. That is the beauty of having a lot of embellishments.
The top frame is meant to be more male - no flowers. There are a lot of men who go to CHA and do the make 'n takes. I had quite a few men do the mah jong pendants at the last two CHA shows.
Basically, this make 'n take is Lumiere paint, drilling, using the new Dremel Driver (screws nails and screws into things), and embellishing with the Dremel glue gun. I have to tell you that the Dremel Driver is a lot of fun and very easy to use. You might have seen the battery powered screwdrivers. This is the same idea but I think easier to use. We had a Black and Decker one for a long time. It worked okay but it did not keep a charge very long. This Driver had a good charger. It's design makes it easy for me to hold in my hand. It is more like holding a gun rather than a long tube. It has a convenient button so you can go into reverse - which I do a lot. DH loves this one as well. Hey, Phil, mine!
Can you tell that I am so loving the Prima flowers? I usually don't like the paper flowers but I love these. They have the text, different pictures, and little collages on them. I don't use the pink ones that much. Beth, you can have all of those. They are amazingly durable. The words were made with the mixed mini grungeboard letters. You can buy that at skybluepink.com. I have a link in the right column.
BTW, the Dremel hot glue gun has a fine point tip for detailing and for smaller items. I used mostly found objects on these sample frames but there will be a lot of fun smaller things like Scrabble tiles, bingo tiles, little metal objects, etc...at CHA. I don't know what booth we will be at. Look for me. Come and say hi to me. You can even do the make 'n take. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez Belinda,
Wish I would've known you were in Racine. I live in Kenosha, not too far away. Would've been nice to meet over a cuppa SBUX or something@@@ Hisses, Rockin Robin