Thursday, January 15, 2009

Announcing: New Charm Swap

I just started up a new charm swap as a warm up to the one that Cloth Paper Scissors is hosting for April. You can find out the details to their swap in the Jan/Feb issue of their magazine. My swap is 5 for 5 and I have several categories in which you can play. Mailing deadline is March 15th. You need to be a member of Mixed Media Art Friends to play.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mmartfriends/

Click on the link to join. Full details for the swap are there.

skybluepink.com is also having a sale in honor of my birthday and for the charm swaps by me and CPS. There are some really fun stuff that you can use for charms. One of my favorites is the ball chain bracelets that I wear all the time. I love the oxidized look.

Here is the link to the page: http://www.skybluepink.com/belinda.html

No, I don't get anything for this except I get my own page on the site. Yeah, getting my own page is pretty fun in itself. No, you don't have to play in the swap to take advantage of the sale. If you want to practice your soldering or your drilling on your Dremel, this is a good time to take advantage of the sale.

Go to some of her other pages to find some other cool stuff for charms. I love the heavier hand charms. They are way cool charms. This is also the site where I get my punchinella. You can also get the small ziplock bags from here. She also carries the small buttons - 4mm and 6mm. I like the 6mm more. The 4mm are too small for me to sew on.

The mini dominoes are great as charms. You can soak them in coffee or tea to dye them. Stamp them with StazOn. Drill a hole in them and you have a great charm. The smaller while travel mah jong tiles are wonderful as charms. I just made a bunch of them up using brilliance stamp pads and some gold paint markers. Do you remember when you use to do domino art? I did a lot of it when I first started doing art. She also has the memory glass. The 1x1 would be great for charms. Stick some background paper or artwork in the middle between two pieces of glass. Do some soldering or do some faux soldering with UTEE. Anyone Ranger fans out there? Tim Holtz Fragments - does anyone remember when he did the little license plate charms? They were waaay cute. I still have a couple of them laying around somewhere.

Totally OT - off topic - but if you work on smaller things such as ATCs or inchies and you are placing an order with skybluepink, you should get the teensy puzzle pieces. I found these years ago and they are very hard to come by. I can only find them here now at skybluepink.com. They are the most fun embellishments: http://www.skybluepink.com/products3.html

No comments: