Friday, February 19, 2010

Going to Quilt Fest - Chicago?

My friend, Melly, will be teaching there.


Melanie Testa is going to be teaching two classes at the Chicago Quilt Festival in April 2010 and would love to have you in one (or both) of her classes!
Pretty Purse, Totally Inspired!
Chicago Quilt Festival
Thursday April 15, 2010
Learn simple painting techniques to create the cloth used in this bedazzled Pretty Purse. No worries! A pattern is provided as we explore simple resist techniques, and create this one of a kind beautifully bedazzled purse.
Click to Class Samples of the Pretty Purse
Small Works, Big Impact!
Chicago Quilt Festival
Friday April 16, 2010
Artistic Imagery need not be large in order to have a big impact. Working in postcard size, we will explore collage techniques, reverse machine appliqué and machine embroidery to enhance your artistic explorations. Explore and expand upon your fiber art portfolio in this great workshop.
Click to see Class Samples of Small Works, Big Impact!
If you are unable to attend a full weekday workshop, Melanie will also be participating in a Machine Quilting Forum on Saturday April 17 and would love to see you there. Melanie Testa is an accomplished textile and quilt artist. She attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in Textile/Surface Design. She exhibits her fiber art at various galleries and quilt shows around the country. She is the author of Inspired To Quilt, Creative Experiments in Art Quilt Imagery by Interweave Press. Become a fan of Inspired to Quilt though facebook!

2 comments:

Craftsy Guy said...

Belinda, just had to checkout your blog! Very informative. I guess if I quilted, I get really excited about many of the things you are listing upcoming. I love quilts, just haven't done to much of that. I have a one I've worked on and off (you know what I mean) that is all jean material in different shades of blue..I designed the pattern myself, but just haven't finished it. Maybe you will motivate me to do so. I have two kids as well, but I am past the stage where they require my care; Abby is 24 and Carl is 28. I miss some of those stages from the past when they were younger. You probably think I'm crazy, but I do. Love kids. Guess that is why I became a teacher of elementary ed for 26 years. Ha. Glad to be back to my art now, though. Just made a repurposed necklace this morning. It's made with black and red buttons! It's going to be a birthday gift to my friend, Diane. She says it's hard to find red and black jewelry. Ok, I've rambled so I'll stop for now. I will put you on my list to follow.
Again, thanks for leaving me a message in the forum. Keep me posted.
Take care,
Gregarious

Contessa Kris said...

Sounds like a road/field trip is in order! I'd love to attend although don't know if I can make it. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for posting about it.