Saturday, November 04, 2006

More of my funky journal for the swap


I finally opened up the little sewing machine that I had gotten a few weeks back. I decided to give it a try. I tried the different stitches with a piece of paper and some colored paper towel. It was much easier than I thought. High school sewing came back to me after awhile. I figured out how to use the foot pedal. Duh, while it is in stop mode, the foot pedal works. In start mode, the machine moves automatically - not needing the foot pedal. I like the foot pedal because I am not adept enough at it yet. I can start and stop it when I want. The swing machine is a nice, small size. It has a little light to thread the needle otherwise you might need a light near where you are sewing so you can see better. It fits on my table quite nicely. It is 10.5 inches long and only 9" high. What I liked about it was the different stitches that I could get. I pretty much use the straight stitch and the zigzag one. This is the one that I bought online at allbrands.com http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp06517.html. I liked that there was free shipping. I doubt if I will ever need a full-sized sewing machine. I am not that ambitious. There are times when I am working with fabric that I will want to have the small machine handy. It is a nice size so I can store it. It is also very light and easy to maneuver. I thought about the little handheld ones but they basically just do the straight stitch. I wanted something that would give me zigzag. That's all for now. Will post when I do more on the journal.

1 comment:

Java Judi Studio said...

I am enjoying your posts on the progress of your funky journal. I just went to Allbrands and ordered myself one of those sewing machines. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!