Thursday, January 04, 2007

Leafing Pen Resist



This is from page 18 in Bernie's book. I started out with a piece of watercolor paper - scrap actually and doodled all over it with a gold leafing pen. The gold leaf pen acts as a resist. I then used some regular tube watercolors and some Twinkling H20s to do this technique. I just randomly applied watercolor to the paper and then dabbed to get the excess off. The pen did really well as a resist. I then stamped on images with Staz-On. Might work better with a juicy pad and if I waited for the background to dry more. This will make a great ATC background, if I decide to cut it for that!

Comments welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I like how the gold pen is used as resist for this technique. Great job!
THanks again!

Anonymous said...

This looks very nice and easy. I will try this one too.

Daphne