Thursday, January 04, 2007

Paint on paper towels






The Blogger does not load picts in order. What you do with the technique is you take paper towels and paint on it with 3 different colors of Lumiere paint. Well, I don't use them anymore. I only have 2 colors sitting around. I have bronze and halo pink gold (a color that I highly recommend). I also have a little gold sampler left over. You can get Lumieres in the fabric paint section of Michaels, Joann's, Hobby Lobby. Make sure you use your 40% off coupon.

I also used Adirondack acrylics in various colors. They are metallic and the colors are always brilliant. You can click on the picts for a larger view.

I started out using Viva towels. Read the next section below about the problems I had. That might influence the type of paper towel you use. I just squirted some colors on there. I then took a paint brush with the halo pink gold or bronze lumiere and started randomly painting the paper towel until it was all covered. Some areas of the halo pink gold are more pink and some areas way more gold. Let this dry completely.

The technique calls for you to tear up pieces of the towel and use gel medium to glue them on an ATC sized backing. I show in the next section how it looks with a whole piece of paper towel as the background and what it looks like when I tear it up into pieces.

I really liked how this technique turned out. The only thing I did not like was that I got white pieces when I tore. I fixed that by using a little bit of gold paint on the white parts. You can avoid that by the way you tear and you might want to edge the white parts with color before you use gel medium or glue on the paper towels. I also had a problem with little bits of pieces coming up. I address that in the next section below.

I used some contrasting colors on one ATC back and similar colors on others. They both turned out great.

Comments welcome. If you are in Art Techniques, then please post your results and a pict in the photo section. Thanks!

No comments: