Sunday, April 22, 2007

Silk fusion


I tried this yesterday for the first time. The piece I made was about 20x30". I put a couple of towels on top of a plastic tarp. I followed the tutorial on the joggles site: http://www.joggles.com/silk-fusion-tutorial.htm. The only thing that I did differently was put string in between the two layers of silk. Just something I saw in a book once and I wanted to try it. I like texture. I got the soy silk in Rainbow, Anarion, and Wild Blueberries. It took about 2 1/2 packages to do it all. I got the Jo Sonja's Textile medium while I was buying the soy silk from joggles. Someone let me know that wallpaper paste will also work. The textile medium I used does have a strong smell to it. Keep scrolling down. It took a couple of messages for me to get it all in.


Click on the pict for a larger view. Comments welcome.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love your colors and the texture that the grid os tring adds is terrific!! Great Idea!!!