Saturday, June 14, 2008

Going down Memory Lane

I was just replying to a message in a Yahoo group about altered books. I went through my blog looking for old ABs that she could see. I don't bother to label my posts. Maybe I should. I have been blogging for over 5 years now. I kept saying "OMG!" in my head when I saw some of the things I used to do. I would never do some of that stuff now. The things I used to be into! How things have changed. I have done a lot of techniques on this blog.

It is funny how you see yourself progress through the years. I wonder what I will say about myself another 5 years from now. I have also noticed that I post more now than I used to at the beginning. I am also less busy now with the art, if you can believe that. Even though I am going to be the Dremel artist at CHA and then teaching 3 workshops right after that, I am only going to take one workshop at Valley Ridge this year. I was a working artist at the Quilt Festival. I am doing more with art but am swapping less and am running less Yahoo groups. That really frees up my time to do the things I really want to do. I am taking a lot fewer workshops nowadays. I think that I am taking only 2 art related ones this whole year.

Yes, I was a newbie once, too. I am so glad that I am no longer the embellishment queen. Shiver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting to see how we change?

It is really useful to label blog posts - I think I probably use the search box on my blog more than anyone else! But also, Google searches for titles so it is more likely to be picked up by search engines.