Saturday, October 18, 2008

Working under pressure

Ugh! Why do I do this to myself? I am one of those people who thrive on working under uber pressure. I am not the nicest person in the world when I am in this mode, but I am productive. My dh was very understanding and kept the kids out of my short hair tonight while I was trying to make a submission deadline. I got an email about submitting to a new book last Friday. Well, I I was already under the gun to finish my paper for my reading cohort before Wednesday. I got that done last Tuesday. It was one of my more difficult papers to write. Odd how easily words flow for me whilst I blog but not for that. I had Wednesday, yesterday,and tonight to do it all. I did not have anything finished that I could submit. Well, I did not think of my funky journal until later. It has been around a couple of years now, but it fit their requirements. I ended up finishing 4 projects in these last 3 days. Not as embellished as I would have liked, but I am still pretty happy with them. No time for beading or anything like that. Good thing I had some raw materials around to work with so I would not have to do that, too. I am glad I took the time to play with the stencils that I made - the PhotoEZ stuff. Now, I am going to finish my Jimmy John's sandwich and drink some tea. Still one antibiotics for my messed-up sinuses. I am also going to finish up my quiltie cuff while I am in the zone. My mind is fried and the body is exhausted. Hate the adrenaline still coursing through my veins that is keeping me going. I won't be able to sleep for awhile still. I hope that some of my projects make it into the book. If not, I will put them up for sale on etsy.


Starting to get cooler here. It was wild have 80 degree weather in mid-October. I am glad I can wear my sweaters now.

No comments: